What is Vestibular Physiotherapy?
According to the Vestibular Disorder Association (VeDa) Vestibular physiotherapy is a specialized form of therapy intended to alleviate problems caused by vestibular disorders, primarily vertigo and dizziness, gaze instability, and/or imbalance and falls.
At Enhanced Living we address Vestibular Physiotherapy with a holistic approach by providing:
- A community environment
- Specialised gym space and equipment with a large range of facilities that allows easy progression of exercise and movement in a support space (including onwards referrals in house to exercise physiologist)
How do you know if you are experiencing a vestibular condition?
Most common symptoms and behaviours involve:
- Suffering from dizziness
- Avoiding activities that involve head and body movements
- Feeling overwhelmed with the sensory and visual inputs that are felt in a crowd of people or a shopping centre?
- Feeling worried about being in public areas as they may present an off balance to other people.
If you are experiencing any of these, you are not alone. Vertigo and Dizziness affects approximately 35% of people over the age of 40 at least once in their lifetime.
WHY ENHANCED LIVING?
Did you know that our vestibular physiotherapy program can assist you in the self-management of dizziness symptoms?
- Are passionate about helping people in the community suffering from a vestibular condition
- Bring along experience in the assessment, treatment, and development of self-management programs for people experiencing dizziness
- Have neurological physiotherapy background, which in combination with their vestibular interest have combined to help many neurological participants who experience dizziness (example stroke, multiple sclerosis, ataxia, dementia, and other conditions affecting the brain)
- Are patient and compassionate, constantly working with many participants to achieve their goals (returning to work or leisure activities)
COULD YOU BENEFIT FROM VESTIBULAR PHYSIOTHERAPY?
Call or email us today.